Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Laundry

I'm one of those freaks of nature who actually enjoys doing laundry, which is a good thing, given how many dirty clothes my little family seems to produce. I've already mentioned how I substitute vinegar for fabric softener, but I confess that my efforts at using a sustainable detergent have not been so lofty, mostly because of the expense of most commercial, sustainable laundry detergents. I've used some samples of earth-friendly detergents, but I always returned to my trusty dye-free, fragrance-free Tide. Enter my friend Mary. She told me about Charlie's laundry soap, which is not only sustainable, but would cost a fraction of what I pay now, per load, to do laundry. This is not something that must be mixed with something else to make homemade laundry detergent. I'm going to try it out - the company promises a refund for dissatisfied customers. If anyone has experience with the laundry soap or other Charlie's products, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment