Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Green Sword

Okay . . . I know I wrote about my 5 year old yesterday, I will make entries without stories about the kids - although I see their actions as a product of their environment (get it?).

Noah is a big advocate for recycling, conservation etc., so he was greatly dismayed to see his friend leave a flashlight on in full daylight. As he tried to turn it off the friend told him no. Noah told him that it was "wasting the battery". His friend insisted that there were more batteries at his house. I half-expected Noah to say something about how they don't grow on trees . . .

Just another reminder that the power we uses comes from somewhere. It is very easy to ignore this. Until recently I could not tell you where the electricity in my home was produced. I couldn't tell you what type of power it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment